The Number of Boomer Women in New Mexico Grows!”
The number of Americans aged 65 and older grew from 35 million in 2000 to 49.2 million in 2016, accounting for 12.4 and 15.2 percent of the population respectively. Here is this good news. Boomer Men Over 60 Can Find more Women Their Age in New Mexico.
In New Mexico, the number of people aged 65 or older grew from 281,726 in 2010 to 342,426 last year. People over the age of 65 made up 16.45 percent of New Mexico’s population last year, up from 13.5 percent in 2010.
And while the number of New Mexicans over the age of 65 has increased, the number of people under the age of 18 has decreased. In 2010, 516,390 New Mexicans were under 18 years old. By last year that had dropped to 490,663.
And it turns out that women in New Mexico are are generally older than men. In the 65-and-over crowd, women dominate. Last year there were 186,208 women aged 65 and older in the state compared to 156,218 men.
If you are a single man over the age 0f 60 looking to retire, New Mexico just may be the best place to settle down and find true love!
And the Census Bureau said that the nation’s population is growing more diverse. Some facts:
- The Hispanic population (including all races) grew by 2 percent to 57.5 million.
- The Asian population grew by 3 percent to 21.4 million.
- The Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population grew by 2.1 percent to 1.5 million.
- The American Indian and Alaska Native population grew by 1.4 percent to 6.7 million.
- The black or African-American population grew by 1.2 percent to 46.8 million.
- The white population grew by 0.5 percent to 256 million.
- Those who identified as being of two or more races grew by 3 percent to 8.5 million.
- The non-Hispanic white population grew by 5,000 people, remaining at 198 million.